Re: SWAY BAR!! two on the rear??

At 12:41 PM 10/18/96 -0500, you wrote:
>-- [ From: Josh Clark * EMC.Ver #2.5.02 ] --
>
>Shawn said he heard of people putting 2 bars on th rear?  Why would anyone
>do that on a VW?  Especially a Scirocco.  The 28mm bar causes plenty of
>oversteer as it is.  How do they mount them?  Just one behind the other?
>That would mess the new one up wouldn't it?  Ah well,

Sorry, I forgot to anwser your question on this. On some cars that are
roadraced, they like the rear of the car really firm. How they do this is
get an axle beam from a 85 and up GTi or GLi, whatever has the swaybar built
into the rear beam! Then you install the 28 mm bar and you actually have
about a 47mm bar' worth  in the rear! I myself am curious to know how they
drive it so tight in the rear? But they do!

Another note, when I first got my swaybar/ stress bar package, I was missing
the hardware to install the front 22mm swaybar. I drove it on the street and
raced it like this for about a week. When I forst put it on, everybody told
me to be careful because the rear would SNAP around on me. Well, I treid to
get it to do this SNAP manuver so I would know what it was like, so next
time I could back off just before it did, SNAP. I drove the race like I
would any, if not a bit harder and I was not able to get it to break loose
on me. I think it just all depends on the car, and the driver.
Im getting the 25mm rear bar for my GLi, against everybodies advice.
Sometimes you just gotta! :)

Shawn