RE: SWAY BAR!! two on the rear??

How do they mount them?  Just one behind the other?
That would mess the new one up wouldn't it?  Ah well,

Josh Clark

I'll tell you how I did it.  In the old days when they had companies like
"Quicker" and early "Neuspeed" (circa 1983), the rear sway bar was mounted
on the triangular plates between the rear beam and the trailing arm.  You
had to drill huge holes in these triangle and bolt the bar to them.  Next
the GTI Rabbit came out with factory swaybars that mounted to the beam and
the trailing arms.   My 82 had the aftermarket bar, then a friend with a
GTI rabbit wanted me to install his Neuspeed, that was redesigned to mount
like the factory, I kept his old bar and installed it on the rocco, and
Wala! they both fit.

Mind you the aftermarket bars back then were no where near the 28mm of
today.  They were maybe 20mm or less and a stock GTI was maybe 18mm.

I have the old "Quickor" rear bar.  I'd be willing to sell it if anyone
wants.  But the again that with a 28mm would be serious oversteer.

Rodney Noriel

PS  I'm sure some of the veterans remember "Quicker"