Re: Trouble with 16V rear discs...

At 04:52 PM 10/26/96 -0500, you wrote:
>Greetings All!
>        Wow, I finally get to ask a question that applies to this group.
>:-)  Anyway, has anybody had trouble with the rear discs?  Specifically, has
>anyone had trouble with them not self-adjusting?  One side does not have
>enough slack inbetween the caliper and the pads to allow the adjusting
>mechanism to do it's work, either that or it is not screwing down.  I have
>turned that thing many, many times, and it does not adjust down at all.  It
>is not working on that one side at all because of this.  Any ideas here
>would be greatly appreciated...

Im no expert on rear disc brakes but from my problems with my drums (on a
different car with simular system as VW disc's) having the same problem, you
need to tear it down and check the mechanism itself to be sure it isnt
frozen. (Im thinking you did this already and its still doing it?) If that
doesnt work, try new brake hardware. Sounds funny, but it worked for me!

Shawn