Re: gear speeds and RPMS questions

>If I put it in 3rd and floor it, I hot about 75MPH@6000RPMS and the car cuts
>out just like hitting the rev limiter. Shouldn't the revlimiter be at
>7200RPMs or so? Also I could have sworn I used to hit ~88-90MPH at redline
>in 3rd gear. Maybe I was fooling myself or something?

No, I hit 85mph in third on a regular basis.  90 if I push it.  Only hit my
rev limiter once

>Also I think my speedo reads a little fast since I have 15" wheels on the car.

That makes a very LITTLE difference.  Like none.  I've got 'em too.  bigger
rims, thinner tires.  IT's close.

>WHat are typical in gear speeds for a 16V Scirocco. I know you need to know
>what tranny I have, but whats typical. I have an 8V transmission but I don't
>know the code.

I go 33, 60, 90, 110, weak fifth :  @125.  I used to creep across 130 w/ my
.91 5th, but now I run out of balls or road w/ my .80 5th.

Chris Taylor
'87 16v Scirocco

West Ambler Johnston Hall
Virginia Tech Campus