gear speeds and RPMS questions

I just got my car back from my mechanic $494 bill.

The car runs awesome now, but I now think something else is wrong.

If I put it in 3rd and floor it, I hot about 75MPH@6000RPMS and the car cuts
out just like hitting the rev limiter. Shouldn't the revlimiter be at
7200RPMs or so? Also I could have sworn I used to hit ~88-90MPH at redline
in 3rd gear. Maybe I was fooling myself or something?

I had a leaky intake manifold and now that its fixed the car runs so much
smoother and races to redline faster.

Could my Tach be inaccurate?
Also I think my speedo reads a little fast since I have 15" wheels on the car.

WHat are typical in gear speeds for a 16V Scirocco. I know you need to know
what tranny I have, but whats typical. I have an 8V transmission but I don't
know the code.

I can get about 50MPH in 2nd and 75 in 3rd haven't tried 4th or 5th yet. I
swaer I used to be able to touch 60MPH in second before.

The car is plenty fast but it feels like things are different.
Kevin McGrath           |                   | kevin@pelican.net
1211 Pridgen Road I4    |                   |http://www.pelican.net/~kevin
Myrtle Beach SC 29577   |                   |Happiness is a screaming tire!