Re: I need struts!

At 09:05 PM 10/23/96 +-100, you wrote:
>Shawn, I have Sachs shocks in back, which is weird because isn't Sachs a
clutch company?  It says Sachs right on them, tho.  Hmmm...I don't see a
name at all on the springs.  I bought the car exactly the way it is except
the window tint and the Brembo rotors.  Anyway, I'm thinking maybe the
springs are cut because the ride is quite rough on bumpy roads.  I think
I'll just order a pair of Konis, see how it feels, and go from there.  But
first, I need a phone number.  Anyone?  How much can I expect to spend on a
pair of Konis?  Are they the cheapest of the performance struts?

Ohhhhh!!!! No, they're not the cheapest, but the most expensive! The cheaper
shocks are the Boges and the Bilsteins.
You could call Timmons VW at 1-800-266-3247.
Or you could call APS at 1-800-423-3623.
I found a price list from Autotech 1-800-553-1055
4 HOR springs plus:
4 Boge Progas $330
4 Tokico H/P $395
4 Bilstein H/D $498.34