Re: Quick help me out 16V from a Jetta into A1 GTI

>Hi Kevin:
>
>At 07:53 PM 10/22/96 -0400, you wrote:
>>I need a quick answer on this. SOmeone in the newsgroup is selling a 16V
>>from a '89 Jetta GLI. WHat all do I need to make everything work properly in
>>an A1 GTI. Will the Intake manifold fit? WHat else should I make sure is
>>included.
>
>The engine itself will fit but you'll need the manufold, throttle body
>and fuel system from an A1 to make it all work. Also the A1 wiring
>harness and computer brains.

Basically your saying it would be easier to get a 16V that came from a
Scirocco than this 16V?

I have a strange feeling that there is something wrong with this deal. Like
maybe its stolen. $700 for a 16V and transmission sounds too good to be
true. I am supposed to decide and call this guy back. He said it comes with
everything thats bolted to the motor. Computer, FI, Wireing harness, but if
none of it will work with my A1 than I'll forget it.

Give me your opinion, plus I hate to break a deal with this other guy he has
been very patient. Speaking of patience I still haven't gotten my car back.

I'll let you know what happens.
Kevin McGrath           |                           | kevin@pelican.net
1211 Pridgen Road I4    |
|http://www.pelican.net/~kevin
Myrtle Beach SC 29577   |                           |Happiness is a
screaming tire!