Re: Winter is coming...

>I've got 5w-50 Castrol Syntec in the 'ol motor.  I suppose that's good for
>winter?  This is the first time I've used it.  I put it in @August.  I've
>probably got 1k miles on it.  Do I change syntec after 3k miles just like
>any other oil?

5W-50 is good for the winter because it's not as thick as the 10W-30 Syntec that's good for summer.  I'm not exactly sure what the recommended oil change is, but I think it's at least 7000 miles.  I used to run it in the 94 Golf that I had.  It's good stuff!  Too bad the car was a piece of shit...:-)