Ricks rambling.......

At 11:01 PM 10/18/96 +0800, you wrote:
>On 17 Oct 96 at 19:55, Mike wrote:

>BTW........this will mean more to the couple of Seattle area list
>members, but I was in VW heaven today !!  I dropped into Bellevue
>MotorSports today.  I looked at the stuff they had on display and saw
>a pile of things I've read about on this list.  It was neat cuz I
>could talk to the guy like I knew what I was talking about. <G>
>We got to talking about shocks and springs and he said "yeah, yours
>is too low...maybe your struts are blown or else the person who
>lowered it cut the springs."  I told him the struts were ok and we
>went out and he checked them and said I was right (I knew that!  I'm
>not stupid, just learning....heh).  Anyway, he quoted me $189 for 4
>NeuSpeed springs all the way around (parts only, labor extra).  Is
>this a decent price?  I'm not ready to go and get them, but this will
>give me some idea of whether their prices are reasonable.

Are these race springs or sport lowering springs? By the price, id say its
the later of the 2. Sounds good to me, but i got a set from Timmons for
$155.00 Free shipping too! Shop around with some of the VW Tuners and see
what they can do, price wise.

>He quoted
>$39 (or was it 35?) for a K-N air filter which seemed reasonable.
That seems kinda high, I paid $22.00 for mine from my local Auto Parts Club.
Another $8.00 for the kit. Ya just gotta shop around...........

>Anyway, it was cool to find a VW performance place (they sell parts,
>but their main business is service).  Now I have somewhere to go to
>dream about what I want.......
>As a side note, he thought it was cool and didn't know he was getting
>free web advertising (they're listed in the watercooled FAQ) and when
>I told him how I found my 'Rocco on the net (and how cheap I got it)
>and that this list exists and some of the other net things available
>on VWs, he almost shit his pants!  Wow...what a sentence THAT was!
>I think I won't edit it just to torture you guys!

Coolness!! Does he have a site or an e-mail address??

>Shawn, you're not
>the only one who can ramble, ya know :)  I just don't get the time to
>do it as much, and I don't have the background knowledge either :)

Ohhhh, Gwasshoppah, you lurn fahst! You wamble beddy beddy good!

Actually, its kinda nice so see someone else expand on ideas and/or
experiences! I get tires of reading my own ramblements! :)

Shawn