Re: idle speed

At 08:00 PM 10/18/96 +-100, you wrote:
>Shouldn't idle be around 800 RPM for the 8V?  When I set my idle at 800 the
car stalls when I first start it and take my foot off the gas like when
pulling outta parking spots and shifting from reverse to first.  I have the
idle way too high (1500) now so it won't stall.  What do I need to fix so I
can have my idle at normal RPMs?  Is it vacuum or something?
>--
>
>Have you checked your screw at the back of the Throttle Body?  This is
another idle control.  Can't recall protocol to set.  See where it is first...

David

               Original Equipment Marketers

     Serving owners of Volkswagens, Porsches and AUDIs
     with Original Equipment and Aftermarket parts at
                  Discount Store Prices.

Techtonics, Autotech, and New Dimensions for VWs available.

           diutley@telepath.com.....405-364-2102