Re: Audio stuff...

On 17 Oct 96 at 11:50, Brandon Sommerville wrote:

> Did rear speakers come with the Scirocco?  I can't see them coming
> without them, but my car has a set of 6X9s in the rear deck, which
> is now bent out of shape, plus the wires get in the way.  I can't
> see where the speakers would go, and a buddy of mine says he thinks
> they didn't come with any rear speakers!

The previous owner of mine did this also......I sympathize with you.
My deck is also bowed, and there's grills on the side decks for what
looks like 4x6 speakers.  At least it sounds decent :)  I figure to
address this problem in the future....more important matters like
strut bearings and motor mounts to deal with, and I can only work on
it on weekends :(   It is quite a pain to have the speakers in the
deck, especially since I use my car for work and I store computer
parts back there.......I hate when I catch the wires and pull them
off.  One day I'll bust off a connector and then I'll be forced to
move it up on the priority list :)

Rick    hugacub@whidbey.net
85 Scirocco 8V  Wolfsburg
Oak Harbor, WA