Re: Audio stuff...

At 11:50 AM 10/17/96 -0600, you wrote:
>Did rear speakers come with the Scirocco?  I can't see them coming without
>them, but my car has a set of 6X9s in the rear deck, which is now bent out
>of shape, plus the wires get in the way.  I can't see where the speakers
>would go, and a buddy of mine says he thinks they didn't come with any rear
>speakers!

The Scirocco came with 4x6 speakers in the panels to either side
of the rear deck.

By the way, I reinforced my rear deck a long time ago as follows:

You will notice that there are two or three rods running from side to
side on the bottom side of the deck. They are hollow tubes and if you
remove the end caps you can insert steel rods, 5/16 or 3/8 diameter
I think, from your local hardware store. Then replace the end caps.
It worked for me.

Mark
Adirondack Auto Brokers
"Your VW/Porsche Parts Source"