Re: My absolutly amazing car ORDEAL

>Anyway i can now take the BIGGEST sigh that a man has ever taken and enjoy
>the hell out of my scirocco.  Tomorrow its off to buy a radio for the thing
>(any suggestions for a cd player?) and a new drivers seat (hey i deserve it)
>The end!!!

Congratulations on getting the ride back.  Your story compares, if not tops,
all those "I drove the car in a flood and killed the motor" stories.  I was a
victim of this, myself. :(

As far as a radio,  I have been quite happy with my JVC head and 12 disc
changer.  They feed a Coustic (10 years old) 60W per channel rear amp,
which is sufficient to drive the Pioneer 6x9 triaxials rated at 40W.  This
was the bargain way out, at a total of around 500-600 US as purchased
over the years.  The Scirocco "trunk" makes a very nice airbox to boost
the bass, as long as you use a stiff piece of wood as a rear deck and seal
the holes.  In my case I did this with a custom-cut piece of carpet.

I have plans for a replacement rear deck, as had been requested a few months
back...

Miles Lott (http://www.insync.net/~milos)
KTXH Ch. 20 in Houston, TX :
Home of the Rockets!!!