Re: SWAY BAR!!

At 07:35 PM 10/15/96 -0400, you wrote:
>I just got a front sway bar(neuspeed) for my '87, 16V Scirocco.  Does this
>make a difference?  Will it give it much better handling?   PLease tell me
>what this will do. Thanks!

Hi Tim:
You betcha! It will reduce some of the chamber that is induced in cornering.
Meaning, your front wheels will have better grip!
Which size bar did you get? I think your only limited to the 22mm front bar
on our Scirocco's. In any case, it will be betterthan that soft 19mm bar I
think came on 16V's. But even thats better than what came on my 8V, nothing!
Install it and let us know how it feels. Its the sinlgle most significant
bolt on suspension piece that i know of in the realm of swaybars and stress
bars. You also have the stock lower stress bar so thats part of the Scirocco
upgrade you can make. Im not too sure the upper stressbar does anything
really, other than boxing in the front suspension completely.
Remember to follow the directions and make sure the car is flat and level
before you connect the bar to the lower control arms or your swaybar will be
preloaded and screw up your allignment. It only takes about 45 minutes to
install. Its fairly a straight foreward instalation.

Shawn