Re: Also

At 05:20 PM 10/15/96 -0600, you wrote:
>Any info would be greatly appreciated i am looking to totally make this car
>killer and if i have to wait 10 years to do it...it shall be done :) J/K i
>plan on takeing off the road and doing it all in the spring....I can say
>money is no object but that would be streaching it....but i can honestly say
>i am ready to put like 3K into it....I mean ya really can not buy anything
>like a rocco anymore without spending like 20k (hence an corrodo) so i
>figure if i spend 3-5K on this one and have what i want i am better off
>anyways....cuz i love my rocco!!

Well, look at what I have been able to do with my car: My spec list please..

 POORBOY RACING TEAM

82' Scirocco GTi       163,000 miles A/C, P/M, P/W

Neuspeed Race springs
Neuspeed swaybars 22mm/F and 28mm/r
Neuspeed upper and lower stress bars
Eurosport rear upper stressbar
Koni adjustable shocks
European Bumpers  Front/Rear
Autopower Roll Bar
ABD 3 position shortshift kit with the weighted shift rod. (AKA Corndog)
Stainless steel braded brake lines on all 4 wheels.
Forodo brake pads on vented rotors. (Castrol GTLMA fluid)
Thermostated 10 row Oil Cooler
Swiss cheezed air box
3" intake tube (custom made)
Tetonics 2" stainless system from the cat back
Diesil Exhaust manifold
Custom made dual downpipe with the Ox mount
SACHS clutch
K&N air filter
HOR G-grind cam (keeps me in DSP)
Recaro seats from 91' GTi
"LONZA" pedal covers
NEUSPEED 3 gauge panel (removes the ashtray, hckpoo)
120 mph spedo from an 84 Scirocco
VDO water temp gauge
VDO oil pressure gauge
VDO oil temp gauge (Stock)
SCHROTH Rallye 4 Harness Belts (driver and passenger, Blue)
15X7 Motoring Exponents "ZONE" wheels with Dunlop cheapies 195/50R15
Race wheels are 13X6 "Laguna's" (Pannasport look-a-likes. 7 spoke) with
Yokohama    A008RSII 205/60R13's
16V rear antenna
Tinted windows
84' Scirocco rear spoiller
newer fuel distributor (80mm)

The engine is from an 83' Rabbit GTI (eng code JH)
and its putting out about 115HP according to the math...
To date, I have just over $6,000 invested in the car.

Alot of these parts I got from the net. I paid $225 for the F/R Swaybars and
Upper/lower stress bars. New, they would be around $900 so you can see my
savings there.
I got the Autopower roll bar for $175, used. New its $400
Recaro Seats for $500, used, new is $1500!! Ouch!!
VDO guages were $20.00 used.
engine for $400 with all the goodies that's needed for the JH engine.
Thats where I made some of my savings on the car other than I have done ALL
the labor which is the biggest savings of all. If you're mechanically
enclined to do the work yourself and not afraid to get a little dirty,
there's pretty much no limit to what you can do with your car!

Shawn