Re: Newbie: Repair manual suggestions?

At 09:15 PM 10/15/96 -0700, you wrote:

>Hello everyone,
>
>	My name is Tim Ebling, and after years of owning and fixing up
>VWs of the air-cooled nature, I finally gave in and bought an '86 black 16V.
>And yes, I *love* it.  I keep thinking "I should have done this years ago".
>Anyway, as one of the first orders of business, I went to find some kind of
>manual specific to this car, but have had no luck.  The only thing remotely
>close was a Haynes manual which covered all sorts of models (Jetta, GTI,
>etc...) and wasn't very useful.  Do I need to go to the dealer for this?
If so,
>are these items spendy?  Thanks...
>
>Thanks,
>
>Tim

They are spendy, and even I can't get a discount on them.  The dealers sell
Robert Bentley manuals, an absoulute recommendation for any German car,
IMHO.  I have two, one for the body and electrical for my '84 GTi, adn the
other for the engine of my '84 GTi.  Early Golf GTi engine replaced the
blown original motor 6 months ago.  $45 bucks a pop, I think, for each.
It's worth it.

David

               Original Equipment Marketers

     Serving owners of Volkswagens, Porsches and AUDIs
     with Original Equipment and Aftermarket parts at
                  Discount Store Prices.

Techtonics, Autotech, and New Dimensions for VWs available.

           diutley@telepath.com.....405-364-2102