Re: Stock 1.8l scirocco 0-60

At 04:07 PM 10/15/96 +0600, you wrote:
>At 03:25 PM 10/15/96 -0400, you wrote:
>>Does anyone know what a stock 16v 1.8 L scirocco 2 ran 0-60 in?
>>--
>>

>As per 1986 August's Automobile magazine, the 16v scirocco weighs in at 2287
>lbs w/ 123 bhp @5800 rpm, 120 lb-ft torque @4250 rpm, and does 0-60 in 8.1s.
>
>Does the 5800 rpm mean optimum power is achieved at shifting at 5800, or
>should I stick w/ redlining it in every gear?

No, it means the engine makes the most HP at 5800 rpms. The real power is in
torque, not HP. The torque is uaually at a lower rpm range on our cars
somewhere around 3200 to 3800 rpm.s.
What all this means is that when you drag race your car, you want the
optimum power to be going to the road so the 5800 rpm range is where you
want to keep "blipping" on the tach while you shift at around redline. This
is why the close ratio tranny's are so desireable since they're closer and
will keep the HP/Torque at an optimum level instead of having to shift at
redline and then start the next gear at 2,300 rpms like my tall tranny does.
I also dont redline every gear for daily street driving, I usually shift
around 4500-5000. Except when im passing some slow fuk in the fast lane.

Shawn