Re: Stock 1.8l scirocco 0-60

At 04:07 PM 10/15/96 +0600, you wrote:
>At 03:25 PM 10/15/96 -0400, you wrote:
>>Does anyone know what a stock 16v 1.8 L scirocco 2 ran 0-60 in?
>>--
>>

>As per 1986 August's Automobile magazine, the 16v scirocco weighs in at 2287
>lbs w/ 123 bhp @5800 rpm, 120 lb-ft torque @4250 rpm, and does 0-60 in 8.1s.
>
>Does the 5800 rpm mean optimum power is achieved at shifting at 5800, or
>should I stick w/ redlining it in every gear?

Even though optimum power comes at 5800, you still are accellerating at a
good rate on up to about 6400 or so.  Besides, revving it higher in each
gear will give you higher rpm's at the start of your next gear.

BTW, does anyone have horsepower/torque curves for Sciroccos, these would be
cool to have.

-Sean Clark