Re: Rieger body kit

At 07:51 PM 10/15/96 +-100, you wrote:
>>        I've got to agree that some of these kits do look terrible, I'm very
>>happy with the looks of my stock 87 8v, but there was a kit featured in VW &
>>Porsche (That should date it a bit) that wasn't just obnoxious.  It was
>>functional.  This damn kit allowed you to put 225's up front and 285's on
>>the back of a Scirocco. If I remember correctly they recorded skidpad
>>results of 1.25g's.  I'd love to look this bugger up, but I don't have my
>>library down here at school.
>
>Hey, yeah, I think this is the one I was talking about a month ago!  What a
bad ass car!  It's in the April 91 VW & Porsche.  It's an 86 8V Scirocco
with a Ralph Wagner body kit with 225/50/15 in front and 285/40/15 in back
that was tuned by a company called AUTOMODES (Bishay Motors) of Walpole, MA.
It has the Eurostyle headlights and 'park lights' with driving lights molded
in with the body kit.  It had a 2.0 liter Oettinger kit with a Schrick 280.
160 hp and 0-60 8.1 sec!
>Sebring exhaust, HOR, Tokico, 28mm rear stabilizer...and yes 1.25g!

Not too impressive. My 82' with around 115 hp does 0-60 in 7.839 seconds. It
must be the weight of the bodykit killing all that extra hp!

Shawn