Re: Rieger body kit

>true it seems pointless to put the wide tires in the back..your certainly
>not going to getting the tourque applied there..but..the more contact
>patch you have..front and back provides for more stability..maybe not for
>the hardcore auto-xer but for me the street driver..the wider the better.

I think another reason for the wide tires in the back is to fill out the wheelwells.  The Rieger kit is a very wide kit and if I remember right, the back flares out more than the front.  The same size rim would be nice for rotating, but 10 inch in the front would be too wide of course, but 8 inch in the back would be way too skinny for that body kit.  I just think if the tire and rim sit way inside from the fender, it just looks stupid, and it's a waste of money to buy a body kit if the rims and tires don't compliment it.  I'd say you'd need at least a 275mm wide tire for the back and a 225 in front.  Or maybe you could get 8 inch wide rims with 225mm tires all round but buy spacers for the rear...don't know how that would look, but just a thought.

You guys are really making me wanting to do up my car, but I have to sell it in June!  Damn!  :-)

-Mike
89 Scirocco Scala