RE: Rieger body kit

At 04:24 PM 10/14/96 -0700, you wrote:
>I share some of your views too, but to each his own.  I have to admit, I
>saw a Scirocco II in 1984, with an Oettinger 16V (Pre factory) and a Z40
>kit, white with gray bottom that looked absolutely show stopping.  I saw
>this down the street from my house so this was not in pictures.  The guy
>apparently was in the military and brought it over.
>
>The problem with the other wide body kit is the supper wide rear tires,
>15X8 in the front and 15X10 in the back.  What use is there for wide rear
>tires on a front wheel drive car, or how will you ever be able to rotate
>those expensive tires....??
>
>I'd do a Z40 Zender!

Exactly, What good does it do to have 10's in the rear I ask!
Oh, you rotate the tires from side to side when its like that. (Newer
radials can be rotated this way. It also depends on the tire. some are
directional for max grip ect..)
Id love to have Just the Z-40 rear wing! That would look trick on my 82'
Scirocco.
Lets look at why it looks so good;      (DR. IS IN)
Its pretty much unique, thats why! And, it had some of the same lines as the
stock body, thats why! You dont hear people saying, "I like that wing, it
looks like the wing on a Ferarri"!  Because its NOT!. See. Now you know.
Dont you feel better??  :)

Shawn