Re: Rusty brakes

At 10:21 AM 10/11/96 -0500, you wrote:
>-- [ From: Josh Clark * EMC.Ver #2.5.02 ] --
>
>Since I took my 16v Scirocco off the road it has been sitting outside with
>the battery disconnected.  I am getting a car cover some time within the
>next week or so but I was wondering what to do about my rusty brake rotors.
>Should I just drive it and brake hard to take it off or what?  I have never
>dealt with this type of problem before and could definately use some advice.
> While I leave it out should I cover the brakes with plastic or something?
>I plan on just leaving the car there and rolling it into the garage any time
>I do work on it.  Thanks for any advice,

How long do you plan on leaving it outside? How long do you plan on noy
driving it?
If its just for a few months, id say dont worry about it and when you do
drive it again, just be easy on the brakes and the pads will clean off the
rust for you. after a few days, it will be back to the way it was before.
If your gonna leave it outside, then get a good cover on the car and just
turn the rotors when you go to drive it again. In fact, you might just want
to remove the pads/rotors from the car since its an easy thing to do. Then
keep them inside where they wont be affected by the weather ad bad.
Dont to forget to put a note on the steering wheel reminding you that there
are NO BRAKES on the car so you or someone doesnt go for a little drive!
Thats all I have to say about that......

Shawn