Re: Rusty brakes

At 10:21 AM 10/11/96 -0500, you wrote:
>-- [ From: Josh Clark * EMC.Ver #2.5.02 ] --
>
>Since I took my 16v Scirocco off the road it has been sitting outside with
>the battery disconnected.  I am getting a car cover some time within the
>next week or so but I was wondering what to do about my rusty brake rotors.
>Should I just drive it and brake hard to take it off or what?  I have never
>dealt with this type of problem before and could definately use some advice.
> While I leave it out should I cover the brakes with plastic or something?
>I plan on just leaving the car there and rolling it into the garage any time
>I do work on it.  Thanks for any advice,
>Josh Clark
>--
Josh,
        Noah dealt with this problem and he....... :)

No, but seriously folks, this is not a problem.  The rotors rust because you
have bare metal exposed.  The brake pads will take car of this problem over
time without any problem, esp. if you are going to park it only through
spring or so.  I've done this without any problem, although I am in
Oklahoma.  About 35 inches a year rainfall here.

David

               Original Equipment Marketers

     Serving owners of Volkswagens, Porsches and AUDIs
     with Original Equipment and Aftermarket parts at
                  Discount Store Prices.

Techtonics, Autotech, and New Dimensions for VWs available.

           diutley@telepath.com.....405-364-2102