SPeaking of syntehtic oils

I have always wanted to try synthetic oil in my 16V, but I always wondered
if it was worth it. I mean the car already has 140,000 miles. Am I too late
to consider using Synthetic?

Will there still be any benefit? I am particurally interested in hearing
from anyone who has used it in a high millage car. Has anyone had it leak
past old gaskets? I hear this is one problem with synthetics.

I have also heard from many people that you can go a long time without
changing synthetic oils. This would make up for the costs right there. One
guy on the newsgroup a while back says he changes his oil twice a year
regardlesss of millage using synthetic Mobil 1.

The same guy said I might experience leaking gaskets with it though, If so
he suggested just seitching back to dino oil