Re: SPeaking of syntehtic oils

At 03:07 AM 10/7/96 -0400, you wrote:
>I have always wanted to try synthetic oil in my 16V, but I always wondered
>if it was worth it. I mean the car already has 140,000 miles. Am I too late
>to consider using Synthetic?

I put in my 8V at 155,000 miles........

>Will there still be any benefit? I am particurally interested in hearing
>from anyone who has used it in a high millage car. Has anyone had it leak
>past old gaskets? I hear this is one problem with synthetics.

As I said in the last posting, I gained lower oil temp and higher oil
pressure. So far, no problems.

>The same guy said I might experience leaking gaskets with it though, If so
>he suggested just seitching back to dino oil

I have had in my car for about the last 5 months, something like that. I
used to always have a problem with a leaking valve gasket, replaced like 5
of them things trying to get it to stop. (I dont even like seepage, so im
kinda picky.)
To date, no leaking so far.

Shawn