Storing the car

It's coming up on that time of year again is upstate New York.  As
November gets nearer I'm thinking about putting the '88 16v away. Never
fear, I've got an '80 'S' car for winter.  :-)

Anyway, what considerations should I make for storing my car for about
6 months.  In previous years, I've taken off the BFG ZR rubber, put
on crappy rims/tires and stored the good rubber in my cellar.  That's about
all I've ever done, besides rolling it into an unheated garage and leaving
it there.  Now that I have a house with an attached garage, I can be a little
more proactive in storing my car, as well as maintaining it during the
storage period.

So, what are your suggestions?  Some say to drain the gas tank.  Some say
to use a gasoline stabilizer.  Some say to put the car on blocks and let
the suspension hang.  What's the net.wisdom on these and other car storage
topics?  Thanks for your comments.

==Brett