Re: Wheel Refurbishment

>Wrong! Running the car in gear is not advised with the suspension unsprung.
>Doing it with the jackstands under the lower control arms would be safer
>since the suspension wouldnt be as unsprung, the control arms arent designed
>to hold weight or be used as a jacking point. I know there is a great way to
>do it, but Im not gonna go into details here.

Shawn,
        I must disagree here.  The control arms are not a point where you
can safely jack up a car.  Although they do support the weight of the car,
they are designed to do so only through the rest of the suspension.  The
only parts of the car that are designed to support weight through jacking
are the round jack supports that every (German?) car has, one at each
corner.  As to the best way to do this particular work, I would recommend a
lift, but not everyone has one of these in their garage, I understand.  As
to the method that you use to do this, I would be interested.  Please send
it to me when you have a chance.

Not wishing to start a flame war,

David

             Original Equipment Marketers

   Serving owners of Volkswagens, Porsches and AUDIs
   with Original Equipment and Aftermarket parts at
                Discount Store Prices.

 Techtonics, Autotech and soon to come, New Dimensions

         diutley@telepath.com.....405-364-2102