Re: scirocco-l-digest V1 #45

On Tue, 26 Nov 1996 owner-scirocco-l-digest@mantis.privatei.com wrote:

> > It just occurred to me... How do fellow Scirocco'ers pronounce "Scirocco?"
> > Do you say "shurockoh" or do you say "skirockoh?" Or somehow else? I've heard
> > both ways but personally thought that "shurockoh" was correct... the
> > people that say "skirockoh" are also the people that say Audi, "awdie" instead
> > of "owdie"...
> >

> Any relation to Bill? {;-) I bet you've never heard that one
> before....

No, you're the first person! :) Nope, not related and it's unfortunate
he had to earn a bad reputation for my name... :)

> Anyroad up, I pronounce it "Shhh-Rocko" (Shhh as in "Be Quiet!) and
> Rock as in Rock and then O! Always sounds good to me.

That seems to be the concensus among americans with slight variations; I
was saying it similarly, but with perhaps a bit of an "i" after your "hhh"
... but it looks like "SeeROWcoh" is correct?!?!?

Also, I thought "Golf" meant "Rabbit" in German? No?

John K. Gates, UNIX Systems Administrator/Software Engineer
john@fang.cs.sunyit.edu, http://www.cs.sunyit.edu/~john
'85 8v Scirocco!