"Chirping" of another kind......

Hi folks.

The thread on "chirping" reminded me of a question I've been meaning to ask
here.

My '85 has started chirping when I accelerate; not the tires - somewhere
else.  It sounds like something twitching against rubber - a little bit like
a sneaker on a gym floor.

It happens every time I accelerate moderately quickly or faster.  It seems
related to the loading of the rear or  unloading of the front suspension
when I get on the gas.  If I coast in gear (ie. no gas) and then get on the
gas, I hear the chirp, followed by the stock suspension squatting and the
car picking up speed.

Any ideas on what I should be looking for?

Chris.
'85 Scirocco

cfiddes@direct.ca