chirping in 2nd...

I recall someone whining that they couldn't chirp their scirocco in 2nd, but
their friend's GTi could.

I was thinking about it today while driving full throttle and shifting from
gear to gear.  I've only been driving 1.5 years, and when I learned how to
drive stick 1 year ago, I basically learned and moved on.  I never toyed w/
my shifting until today.  I felt an immense amount of power in the high revs,
and I couldn't believe that my car wouldn't chirp at least 2nd at full
throttle.

My problem, and probably yours:  don't feather the clutch out, drop it--drop
it hard.  Like I said, I never toyed w/ my shifting.  Most of you probably
have, and therfore can probably chirp 2nd (provided you have a 16v :-))  She
*will* chirp.  I imagine I might get 3rd from time to time after I get that
Oettinger cam in!!!!!

Chris
'87 16v