Re: Urgent questions update

At 02:31 AM 11/25/96 -0800, you wrote:

>And my response is:     The needle was a bit jiggly but didn't jump around.
>I took a look at it again Sunday and it wasn't just offset by 20 mph.  I
>mean, it starts at 10 mph at rest.  I don't think the clutch is slipping
>since it seems to start out OK and puts down power.  Could it be an
>incompatible tranny?

Possibly  someone was playing with the odometer. To "adjust" or repair
the odometer you must remove the needle from it's shaft that the face
plate with the numbers can be unscrewed. It the needle is not reinstalled
in the exact same position it will read incorrectly, even at a stop as you are
experiencing. That's one possibility anyway.

Mark
Adirondack Auto Brokers
"Your VW/Porsche Parts Source"
Phone (518) 882-6534