ET Values

I'm trying to get rid of an annoying vibration that only happens above 80mph.
It's
a (slow !) process of elimination and so far I'm confident that there's nothing
bent or overly worn on the suspension. I know that the ET of the stock wheels
is 38, but the
aftermarket O.Z wheels on my car are ET 33. Is this a possible cause of the
problem ??? The wheels are 14 inch running 185/60 R14 Continental tyres. I'm in
the process of sourcing some standard steel wheels to run round on through
winter, but whilst I'm looking, I thought I'd ask if anybody has any experience
of mismatched wheels

By the way, I can handle most of the U.S terms, hood = bonnet, trunk = boot,
fender = wing, etc etc, but what the hell is shade tree ???

TIA

Sean Conway
(UK 1990 GT2)