No Subject

>Shes been sitting about 3 months.......well my problem is
>before I parked her I had a problem with my fuel system(I think).
>...would leave the motor idling for long periods,
>after awhile it would start to run bad, bucking, then just shut down, and
>I would have to let it sit about 20 min before I could start it again.

Check the fuel filter.  After sitting for extended periods, rust tends to
develop in the fuel system.  After running for awhile, it clogs the filter
to the point that you will have insufficient fuel pressure to operate the
injectors.  The insidious thing about this is that letting the car sit for a
few minutes will cause some of the rust to settle to the bottom of the
filter, thereby clearing itself somewhat.

Replacing the filter is fairly simple, but be careful of the banjo joints on
the fuel lines - don't twist them.  It's also a good idea to get new copper
washers before installing the new filter.  Leaks less that way :)

BTW: I don't think 1st Gen Sciroccos have transfer pumps.  None of mine do,
anyway.

Joe.
81 Scirocco S
78 Scirocco parts car