Re: Best speaker config in a Scirocco? (fwd)

NO WAY! you are saying that a EQ will cross over freq. for you?
At what loss to the power????? I have never heard of such a thing. Even a
passave crossover still reqires a serious crossover. You will never have
any power comeing out of your amp (thru the EQ) if you are trying to use it
as a crossover.
IMHO You always want crossovers ALWAYS! I see little to NO reason for
getting an EQ. If ya know what an EQ does all it does it inject even more
noise into any signal that is produced by the amp of Head unit.
why would you want to make more noise to make something better sounding.
1. decide whatya can spend :)
2. Get a head unit with 4v pre-outs
3. Always get crossovers  first before any addons!
4. Crank it or yank it! :)

>IMHO eq's are for people that don't want to pay for a x-over.
>
>Ryan
>
>.-------------------------------------------------------------.
>|Ryan Schuermann			       ryan@nwpros.com|
>|Technical Analyst			      zqft01@amoco.com|
>|PARANET, Inc.				schuermann@paranet.com|
>|Pager:713-764-3467			http://www.paranet.com|
>|Work:713-626-4800		   http://www.nwpros.com/~ryan|
>`-------------------------------------------------------------'
>
>On Tue, 19 Nov 1996 VWcrazyTim@aol.com wrote:
>
>> In a message dated 96-11-19 19:04:22 EST, you write:
>>
>> << You probably won't need an EQ unless you're VERY particular about
>>  tuning your stereo to perfection.  With a nice 4 channel amp (like those
>>  made
>>  by Eclipse, Soundstream, Kicker, etc.) you can change the crossover
>>  frequency and the individual gains for each pair of speakers (bass and
>>  mid-
>>  high), which should give you enough flexibility.  Once you've tried
>>  tweaking
>>  those controls and find that you need more options, then perhaps an EQ
>>  is
>>  for you. >>
>>
>> Tim (wow, I suddenly feel like I am talking to myself here...) Sounds
like I
>> should get an EQ the!  I like stuff with my car to be perfect,
ESPECIALLY the
>> tunes!!  Gosh, do I have a long way to go to get my car perfect!!  ;-)
>>
>> Thanks for the advice,
>>
>> Tim :)
>>
>> '84 Wolfsburg Edition Scirocco
>> '84 Rabbit GTi autocross project