RE: Best speaker config in a Scirocco? (fwd)

You probably wont need an EQ unless you are very particular.  I don't have
one in my car and My friends and I think it sounds great.  You will be able
to set your crossovers different for each pair of speakers that you have
and that should allow you the adjustment you need although it won't be at
your fingertips.  You will probably never have to change those settings after
you get them right anyway.  Of course you could install an EQ later if you are
unhappy but I can't see why you would be with all that power.  Good luck and
let me know how it turns out.  One last thought is that you may want to replace
your speaker wire with new, slightly larger stuff.  I thought it might help at
first so I did it and it made quite a difference to my surprise.  16 guage is
what I used,I think.

Kyle
'86 8v GTi