Re: Autocrossing is wonderful

At 07:42 AM 11/18/96 -0500, you wrote:

>WHew!!  That is how the shocks and struts were on my Rabbit when I changes
>them after they had 250,000 miles on them!
>The Boge's that I just took on my Scirocco only had 25,000 miles on them!!
> Poor quality.  Maybe it is because I used them with lowering springs?

No, the lowering springs wont hurt the car (Unless someone cut stock
springs) because the spring rate is higher to compensate for the shorter
spring. Those shocks should of not failed in such a short amount of time. Id
be enclined to take em' back where you got them. Could of been a bad batch?
Thats the first time I have heard bad things about boge!

>Your just rubbing in the fact you didn't need to do an allignment on the GLi,
>aren't you?  ;-)

Only your nose Tim! Actually, I was shocked to learn about  it out after I
put it all back together. I didnt know!

>YES!  No squat really does feel good!  Kind of makes me this that a litle bit
>more power will be getting to the ground.

Well, thats because it IS! Less weight transfer means more power to the
ground quicker. Geometry my dear Timmy.....

>Those old Boge's were only a year and half or so old.  The fronts were
>bouncey, and the rear was kind of soft.  Really leaned going around corners,
>and the front end was (well, still is because I have not replaced the fronts
>yet) very loose.  Can't wait to get the fronts in there and drive this bad
>boy!!  :-)
>Yes, is feels incredible when you improve the car!!!
>
>Tim :)

What are you waiting for, the mechanic fairy to do the work?? Get in your
basement and get to work!
BTW, hows that Rabbit Diesil conversion project comming?

Shawn
86' Jetta GLi
82' Scirocco GTi
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and