Re: Think I should powder coat the intake manifold too? =)

Josh Clark wrote:

> Hello all!  Well in 2 weeks I am going to Boston for Thanksgiving and on the
> way dropping my wheels off for powder coating.  I have been wanting to get
> my 16v intake manifold painted black for a while but was not sure how well
> it would com out because of the gritty surface.  What do you all think I
> should do?  I want the runners black to match the car and then Im painting
> the DOHC 16v logo navy blue to match the blue ignitors.  Whada yall think o'
> dat?

I don't know exactly how you should paint it, but I can say they really
look cool painted. My roommates was painted red when he bought the car.
I don't have any idea how the guy did the job though. All I can say is
Do it most definately. I would do stuff like that but right now there
are more important things I want to do with my car. HIs motor of the
scirocco was so clean and shiney when he got it. It really made me
jealous (like of like that lucky bastard Chris). My car dosen't even
have the spark plug wire loom or whatever you call it that makes it look
nice and neat. Your car's gonna be awesome and I'll be happy just to get
your hand me down seats.