Re: How fast are you?

>The "depends" rule is the same here. depends on alot of things. HP, Clutch,
>tires, driver.
>Ideally, you want absolutely no tire squeal. The tire making noise is not
>gripping the ground. Spinning wheels go nowhere. For max "launch", I usually
>set the rpms to around 2000 and then when im dumping the clutch, add more
>throttle but at the same time, feather it to let the tires stick before
>giving it full power. Otherwise youl leave the 50 yrd stripes alot of people
>dream about........  (Now is when that guy will tell me "thats the dumbest
>thing he has ever heard", right?)

That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard!

Sorry, had to say it   :)

I find with my car I get the best launches by holding the revs at 4000 and
slipping the clutch.  I don't do it too often, but when I do, any lower revs
and the engine bogs.  The joys of a 16v I guess...

Brandon Sommerville

"Very funny, Scotty. Now beam down my clothes."