Re: Autocrossing is wonderful

At 01:31 PM 11/14/96 -0500, you wrote:

>before I would want to race anybody, I would want to get my suspension and
>exhaust taken care of.  You know, I want to maaximize my performance
>abilities!!  :-)

Actually Tim, it would be good to drive the car in an autox in a stock
config. That way after you make the mods, you can feel and see your $$ at
work! Really tho, It will also give you some much needed experience. It
takes a long time to get really good at driving in the realm of autoxing.
You only get about 5 minutes of driving race time so it takes along time to
add up your experience to be able to put all together in a complete driving
package. Besides that, it will give you opportunities to meet and network
with other VW drivers and maybe someone out there will have a set of used
racing tires you could get cheap or like me, for free! They only lasted me a
couple races but they were free. Thats probably the single most improvement
you can make on your car at one time for autox. TIRES!

KnowWhadIMeanTim?

Shawn
86' Jetta GLi
82' Scirocco GTi