Re: Autocrossing is wonderful

At 01:31 PM 11/14/96 -0500, you wrote:

>You know Shawn, I don't think I like you very much anymore.  BUTTHEAD!!!!!!!
> ;-)

I just knew I could count on you, Tim for a happy response!! :)-

>You have to let me know how it goes on that Porsche run, and how well you
>keep up with them!!!  Take pictures!!!  :-)

Last time I ran in the Porsche club, I was with Randy Walters in his GTi. I
went on course and caught a older 911on course. So I hung my arm out the
window and backed off it. Followed him around the rest of the course keeping
about a 2 car length on him. (He has some bizzare driving lines, no wonder
why I caught him.) He was going pretty slow. The flagman yelled at me. Said
I was trying to run the guy over or something. I said, "oh yea, I sure was,
at that speed, I gave him more room than regular traffic gets". Then he
left. I asked the driver of the 911 if he spun or something. He said "no"
and wouldnt talk to me, wouldnt even look at me for the matter. No sooner
had this happened when they were screaming again! Randy had caught a 944
Turbo! Snotty people can afford expensive fast cars, but they sure as hell
cant drive em'!
I really think these people are bungholes but, they have an event so I put
up with them so I can race. Why they keep inviting us I dunno.
Id rather run with the poor SCCA people. At least they have personalities
and can hold a conversation. :)

Shawn
86' Jetta GLi
82' Scirocco GTi