Which car .. the Rabbit GTI !!!

I highly recommend the Rabbit GTI, Jay.  That was my second love.  With that
wonderful squat stance, pretty decent stock swaybars and engine.  Typical
understated VW look.  It's a wonderful car to drive and race.  When I worked
at the dealership in Larchmont, NY one of the top mechanics had this killer
Rabbit GTI - I bugged him for over 5 years to sell it to me, but he never
did.  I think he still has it.  It really handles like a champ, and you can
do so much to it.

Someone asked if any 16v's came without AC from the factory - the answer is
YES, we own one.  They were a bitch to get, and the salesmen thought you
were nuts, but you could get them and it knocked about $400 off the base
price.  I usually ask if I can get a car without power windows and AC even
now - but there's no chance of that.  I never use that stuff.

I have a funny story from my friends in Germany about VW's, but I'll have to
be coaxed to tell it because it'll take alot of typing.  If anyone wants to
hear it, let me know... the punchline is "That's ok dear, becase I just set
your car on fire...."

>:)

a.