Re: Which vw to buy?

At 12:02 AM 11/12/96 +0000, you wrote:
>I am planning on the purchase of yet another VW and I am having
>trouble deciding.  Either a 2 door A1 Jetta, a A2 8v Scirocco or a
>Rabbit GTi.
>
>The one I want the most is the Jetta but they are so
>hard find {the 2 door} and the others are great too.  Any advice
>would be great.

The 2 doors are hard to find but if you look hard enough, they're out there.
I have found a few 2 door Jettas but are A2's.

I think you mean to say an MK-II bodystyle Scirocco 8V? Theyre anywhere from
$400 to $5000. Depending on what you want. I have the 82' with the single
wiper. Its kinda unique since 83 was the last year they made this part of
the car. later Scirocco's have more powerful 8v motors which are way better
than the 1.7L that was origionally in my car.

Rabbit GTi's are best if 83-84 models. They have the 1.8L JH engine already
in them. They are in about the same price range and are easier to find and
if you look closely, you could find one already modified for a few grand.

You just gotta shop around, check in the auto traders and by all means, dont
be in a hurry to buy. It will help you in your barganing power!
Good luck in your hunt!

Shawn
86' Jetta GLi
82' Scirocco GTi