Which car to buy????

> Date:          Tue, 12 Nov 1996 01:45:12 -0800
> From:          Kevin McGrath <kevin@pelican.net>
> To:            scirocco-l@privateI.com
> Subject:       Re: Which vw to buy? (There are NO A2 Sciroccos)

> Jay Docherty wrote:
> >
> > I am planning on the purchase of yet another VW and I am having
> > trouble deciding.  Either a 2 door A1 Jetta, a A2 8v Scirocco or a
> > Rabbit GTi.
> >
> > The one I want the most is the Jetta but they are so
> > hard find {the 2 door} and the others are great too.  Any advice
> > would be great.
> >
> >                            Jay
>

> You already have a Scirocco II, where do you live? I know where there is
> a 2 door jetta forsale, but it might be an A2 (if they made A2 2door
> jettas) I say since you already have 2 sciroccos go with the Jetta or
> the Rabbit GTI. If you want a 2 door Jetta and are near Myrtle Beach SC
> I might be able to find one for you. I knew someone who wanted to sell
> me one, but I'm not sure how serious they were.
>
> There are NO A2 Sciroccos.

I mean the second generation sciroccos the ones that were made from
'82 to '88 in the US.  When I wrote A2 I was thinking of Jettas.  But
I dont even want a A2 Jetta so I don't know why I wrote that.:)

The problem with the GTi is I have already had one so I am kind of
burnt on em.  Granted it was kind of a cruddy GTi but none the less
it was one.

 I live in North New Jersey.  The Jetta I want they stopped making in
'84 just like the rabbit GTi.  There are a few 4 doors around here
but they just look so long with four doors.

                           Jay

VW Scirocco 1988 16v
VW Scirocco 1980