Re: Clutch advise

On 10 Nov 96 at 12:33, VWcrazyTim@aol.com wrote:

> Doesn't VW put in Sachs clutches at the factory?   Also, I know the
> VW dealer near me will install parts that I bring in.  They will do
> it no problem (might have something to do with the fact I am freinds
> with the service manager AND my mechanic?  :-))

>From what everyone's been telling me, Sachs is the stock clutch.
As far as the dealer installing my parts, I'll have to check.
Unfortunately, since I moved out here about a year ago, I don't have
good friends at the dealer yet.  I have found the parts guy at this
dealer to be very helpful, I think it's time to have a bit of a visit
with him.  I'm also going out to the local parts store here to see if
they can help me find a machine shop open Saturdays.  I'd still
prefer to do it myself if I can work it out.

Rick    hugacub@whidbey.net
85 Scirocco 8V  Wolfsburg
Oak Harbor, WA
(On Whidbey Island in the Puget Sound)