Re: 16v vs 8v

<< Normally I keep quiet about this stuff but I got to say that one of my
 biggest rules of "playing" on the highway is if your gonna potentially kill
 yourself, fine, do it alone. Dont potentially kill someone else because your
 having the most fun you've ever had. Especially around big rigs, You never
 know when someone is going to pull out to pass or will pull out in front of
 the rig to pass another rig. And especially when you have to use the
 -->shoulder<--  to pass somebody. Thats just WAY not cool.
 I freely admit, I do play with other drivers on the freeway and at times,
 (Not often) on streets. My number one rule is, if there is any traffic
 ahead, I back out of the throttle, slow down and pass with care. Then when
 the road is clear again, play! Cars are not expecting traffic to pass them
 doing 120. So when you do it, it shocks them. "Cutting accross 5 lanes to
 pass"?? Come on guy...... >>

I have to agree 100% with Shawn.  You are endangering ALL of the OTHER people
out on the road with you.  That is why there are autocrosses and other races.
 You can take your car somewhere and speed all you want, and you won't hurt
anybody.  I mean, just think what would have happened if you had hit somebody
else.  You personally probably would have been fine after the wreck, but the
way these things usually work out is the other, innocent person ends up dead
or crippled.  Then, you have to live with that for the rest of your life.

Drive safely.

Tim :)

'84 Wolfsburg Edition Scirocco