Re: 16v vs. 8v

At 08:23 PM 11/8/96 -0500, you wrote:

>Hey you dumb person! =) that's a joke of course.  I think I can explain
>it so you laymen can understand!  OK it's like this:  When the car is at
>low RPMs 4 of the eight intake valves open fully until the RPMs reach 3k
>and up.  At that point the other four open via the "flapper" (I know
>it's some CRAZY tech term Shawn came up with but try to understand it!)
>Then all eight are open and you can zoom!
>Josh

Not exactly. The valves will all open the same. The difference being in that
there will only be one valve that is actually flowing air to the cylinder.
The other valve will be blocked by a "Butterfly valve" (I think some
pailentologist made that term up!) until the rpms get high enough to use all
that air flow from both valves.

Shawn
86' Jetta GLi
82' Scirocco GTi