Re: Is this a unique problem?

check your timing.....upper Revs might be unable to get correct spark
from either the idle time being off, the advancer unit being off, or the
distributer berings being worn.  The first is easy to check, as is the
second.(timing gun reving ect.) the third you need to take off the dist
cap and try to wobble the roter back and forth. More than just a little
movement would cause a timing malfunction.
George Curl-