Re: Sponsers and discounts...

At 07:36 PM 11/7/96 -0500, you wrote:
>Hey guys just asking a question thats been on my mind for a while.
>What are the requirements for getting a "sponsership" from a company (i
>always see koni, k&n, bilstien, etc...)?
>Do you usually get free products or discounts? Do the companys logos have to
>be permantly on or just magnets/etc that you can put on at autoscrosses.
> Thanks

Its all negotiable. I advertise for my moms business. well, I get T-shirts
with my racing logo on them printed for free. I just pay for the shirts. I
also have a sponsor from the sucky paint shop that painted my car. (I have
yet to put their name on my car! And I wont!) I enquired about sponsorship
from Starbucks a little (I love that place!) while back and they sent me
stickers but no cash or anything. It all depends on what you can offer the
perspective sponsor. Repair shops and body shops are more likely to sponsor
an autocrosser. You need to make a submittal to show where you run and tell
them why you would be a good person to sponsor. Its like getting a job, you
have to sell yourself. For example, I tell perspectives that I will be
racing at San Diego, Horton AFB in San Bernadino, Buttonwillow, LA, Santa
Maria, Las Vegas, ect then go on to tell them that I will be exposing their
company to hundreds of racers and racing fans. I also tell them that I
always finish in the top 3 in my class. and a few other things they might
like to hear. You sell yourself, thats the concept.

I use magnetic backing for my sponsors and numbers so I can take the stuff
off and look like everybody else for the trip home. I dont want to be a
bilboard. Its up to you if you wanna put on the permanent stickers or not. I
run Neuspeed stickers on my rear lower part of my window and the front lower
valance. I have a few others on my side rear windows but they're small.

Shawn
86' Jetta GLi
82' Scirocco GTi
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and