Re: Changing engine mounts..

Hi Rus:

At 09:38 PM 11/6/96 -0500, you wrote:
>Ok so just how hard is it to change engine mounts? Josh tells me he got the
>dealer to do it for $120 and it was a night and day difference.  I know the
>front one is easy but its my side ones that need changing. Any comments on
>doing it at home?

Front and rear are cake. The driver's side one comes off the trans
bvery easily, and is easy to get at. You will need to remove the bracket
holding the mount, take it to a shop with a press and have them press
the old mount out of the bracket and press the new one in. Then re-install
it yourself.

Same goes for the pass side (need to have new mount pressed into the
bracket) but the bracket is a bit harder to get at. Unfortunately that one is
the one that goes bad first and causes vibration problems at idle.

Mark
Adirondack Auto Brokers
"Your VW/Porsche Parts Source"
Phone (518) 882-6534