Re: Alignment?

At 03:50 PM 11/5/96 -0500, you wrote:
>Would I have the limited slip if I got a new tranny put it?

It would if it has the right code on the case AND if the differental was not
changed.

>While getting the oil changed I turned the wheels.  They turned easily and
>they both turned in the same direction.  I can't remember if it was in gear
>or not, I didn't remember that it had to be, but it might have been.  Does
>it sound like it was based on what I wrote?  (please forgive me, I have zero
>mechanical skills)   :(

So when you had both front wheels off the ground, you rotated a wheel and
looked under and saw the other tire turn in the exact same direction? Say as
if you were driving the car in "forward" same direction? That sounds right.
If you put it in gear the other wheel should turn in the opposite direction.
There should also be some resistance to the wheel. Hmmmm.....
Maybe its not the diff after all.

Shawn
86' Jetta GLi
82' Scirocco GTi